· We want teachers and all adults to have the highest expectations for children’s behaviour, effort and achievement.
· We want children to enjoy learning.
· We want children to think analytically, independently solve problems, justify and explain their understanding of concepts and work collaboratively.
· We aim to demystify the world of aspirational education and employment through an exciting, diverse and challenging curriculum which allows children to see the wide range of opportunities available to them.
· We want children to create a growth mind-set.
· We aim to broaden and develop our children’s cultural capital through a variety of planned enrichment activities.
· We want to develop responsible and respectful British Citizens who are able to play their part in society and become actively involved in public life as adults.
· We aim to raise our pupils’ awareness of and increase their empathy towards marginalised groups in society.
Our Creative Curriculum
At Harrow Lodge Primary School we have designed a broad and balanced curriculum that inspires and engages our pupils whilst meeting the National Curriculum requirements. Our topic based curriculum is inspired by Cornerstones for Education. The curriculum is delivered through exciting knowledge-rich projects which provide a range of exciting and motivating learning activities that make links between all aspects of children’s learning. Pupils will progress through four stages of learning in each project – Engage, Develop, Innovate and Express. To find out more about the Cornerstones Curriculum please follow the link below:
Harrow Lodge Primary Curriculum 2022-2023
Please click on the links below to see how we implement our Curriculum.