To strengthen our whole school approach to our Core Values, we will be exploring a major theme (core value) over each half term. Every week, there will be a focus on a particular aspect of that theme. This is to help the children develop a deeper understanding of the core values of our school.
Each week a certificate will be awarded during Friday’s celebration assembly which
is directly linked to that week’s core value.
Autumn Term 1 – Respect
Autumn Term 2 – Empathy
Spring Term 1 – Aspiration
Spring Term 2 – Confidence
Summer Term 1 – Honesty
Summer Term 2 – Achievement
Positively affect our self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Provide a moral framework within which we live and learn.
- Help us to be reflective which leads to development and improvement.
- Develop mutual respect and acceptance of our cultural differences.
- Help to develop quality relationships between staff, pupils and the community.
- Enable everyone to be equal and have a voice.
- Help to develop the ability to understand and express feelings.
- Strengthen our sense of belonging.
- Help us to reach our potential in every dimension of our being.
We put philosophy into practice by:
- Introducing the Core Value of the half term through assemblies and story times.
- Making the Core Value an implicit feature across the whole curriculum.
- Having central displays showcasing the Core Value.
- Recognising and celebrating behaviour that reflects our Core Values.
- Supporting charities.
- Encouraging children to take on appropriate responsibilities.
- Working towards a more sustainable school
- Recognising and learning from the hard work and success of others.
- Recognising the contribution and impact of the actions of others.
- All adults acting as role models.
- Asking parents and the community for their support.
We expect all adults to act as good role models by:
- Taking care of each other.
- Looking at the positives rather than the negatives.
- Finding time for yourself and showing that you are human.
- Remembering to be and not just to do.
- Living your values even when things get tough.
- Ensuring all smiles are returned.